Letting you truly relax and re-charge in safety
As an officially registered COVID-SAFE business I am required to have an approved Covid-19 Safety plan. Fortunately, the Loft & Earth Centre – within which I work – is also an officially registered COVID-SAFE business.
In accordance with NSW Health guidelines our separate and combined safety plans cover:
- The well-being of staff and customers/clients
- Physical distancing issues
- Hygiene and cleaning
- Record Keeping
- Notification to visitors / clients of conditions of entry and code of conduct within the Centre / Shiatsu clinic
This means that there are three areas / levels of action involved in maintaining our COVID-19 SAFETY:
- The Centre as a whole
- My SHIATSU clinic
- Conduct of all visitors and clients within the Centre
This plan represents an update on my March post: DE-STRESS with SHIATSU in SECURITY
YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY IS FOREMOST IN MY THINKING
COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
Loft & Earth Centre Protocols
Loft & Earth is a very spacious venue and enjoys relatively low visitor traffic. Centre management, are applying specific protocols to support the safety of all visitors, practitioners and their clients:
Well-being of staff and visitors:
- Asking anyone feeling unwell or exhibiting flu like symptoms to stay home and get tested as soon as possible.
- Encouraging and facilitating the use of hand sanitizer / hand-washing, physical distancing and capacity limitations.
- Recording the details and business of all visitors who are on the premises for longer than 5 minutes.
(All practitioners keep their clients details and time they were at the premises. Management keeps the details for any visitors/repair technicians etc.).
- Displaying conditions of entry on the street entrance to the Centre.
- All rooms have been measured and capacity limitations are provided to all that use them.
Clear signage indicating capacity limitations on display on all event / public spaces.
All practitioners are aware of their room capacity limitations.
- Ensure the number of people in the building does not exceed the 1 person per square metre rule.
- Contactless delivery is being requested wherever possible.
Hygiene and cleaning:
- Clear signage on display indicating correct hand washing technique.
- Hand sanitizer provided in multiple areas throughout centre.
- All bathrooms equipped with soap and hand dryers.
- All visitors being asked to bring their own water bottles, exercise mats towels etc.
- All kitchen utensils being used are being put through a commercial high-heat sanitizing dishwasher.
- Regular and Covid approved (detergent first, followed by 70%> alcohol based disinfectant) cleaning of all surfaces, door handles, hand rails, drawers, phones & tech.
- Staff are wearing gloves when cleaning and washing hands thoroughly before and after with soap and water.
ZEN SHIATSU Clinic Protocols
Well-being of staff and visitors:
- Conditions of entry emailed to clients in advance and displayed on website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Maps and the door of the Zen Shiatsu clinic.
- Pre-entry screening of client health status & recent contacts.
- Client documentation retained (in confidence) to enable contact and tracing as deemed appropriate by NSW Health.
- Clinic room (in excess of 10m2) limited to a maximum of two occupants (including therapist) at any given time.
- All bookings, follow up & invoicing via text message &/or email. Payments are via direct deposit only.
- Clients are advised of Waiting Room capacity and asked to not linger in or around the Centre before or after their appointment.
Hygiene and cleaning:
- Hand washing with soap before & after each client. Also using hand sanitizer during Shiatsu treatments and eliminating skin to skin contact.
- Wearing a face-mask when treating.
- Clients are asked to sanitize / wash their hands upon entering & leaving the clinic.
- Sanitizer is available in the clinic room.
- Inviting clients to consider wearing or bringing appropriate clothing in which to receive SHIATSU (rather than changing into a clinic robe – albeit a disinfected one)
- Thorough, daily cleaning of all accessible surfaces / objects with disinfectant. Frequently touched surfaces disinfected several times each day. Gloves are worn when cleaning.
- Additional disinfectant wipe downs of client use surfaces / objects between clients
- Ventilating the space thoroughly before & after each client.
- Washing all linen at 60 degrees Celsius or higher using disinfectant.
- Ensuring all linen is single use only
- Adding a disinfected, impermeable layer beneath the head-cloth (i.e. between your head and the pillow/futon)
- Appropriate disinfectant is available in the clinic room
- All products, testers, samplers removed from public access
- All books, magazines, brochures, cards removed from public access
Visitor / Client Protocols
All people entering the Centre are asked to please consider the greater good and:
- Consider wearing or bringing appropriate clothing in which to receive your Shiatsu (rather than changing into a clinic robe – albeit a disinfected one)
- Wash / sanitize your hands thoroughly upon entering and prior to leaving the Centre,
- Minimize your contact with any & all surfaces while in the Centre.
- Please don’t linger in the Centre either before or after your appointment.
- The clinic waiting area can accommodate three (3) persons only. If this area is fully occupied please move to another part of the Centre.
I WILL FIND YOU.
- Be prepared for a bit of extra screening regarding your current health status, your exposure to anybody confirmed with Covid-19 &/or to any persons returning from overseas OR Victoria within the previous 14 days.
- Depending on your immediate circumstance, it may be necessary for you to re-schedule your visit
- Please don’t hesitate to call in advance and re-schedule your visit should you be feeling unwell or presenting with flu-like symptoms
Please don’t hesitate to contact me should you have any questions regarding any aspect of this COVID-SAFE Plan.
I look forward to seeing you all soon, on the mat.
Until then, stay safe.