Letting you truly relax and re-charge in safety
As an officially registered COVID-SAFE business I am required to have an approved Covid-19 Safety plan. Fortunately, the Loft & Earth Centre – within which I work – is also an officially registered COVID-SAFE business.
This plan, first published Sept 2020, was updated October 2021.
I will continue to update this plan as NSW Health advice varies.
In accordance with NSW Health guidelines our separate and combined safety plans cover:
- The well-being of staff and visitors/clients
- Physical distancing
- Hygiene and cleaning
- Record Keeping
- Notification to visitors / clients of conditions of entry and code of conduct within the Centre / Shiatsu clinic
This means that there are three levels of action involved in maintaining our COVID-19 SAFETY:
- The Centre as a whole
- My SHIATSU clinic
- Conduct of all visitors and clients within the Centre
YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY IS FOREMOST IN MY THINKING
COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
Loft & Earth Centre Protocols
Loft & Earth is a very spacious venue and enjoys relatively low visitor traffic. Centre management, are applying specific protocols to support the safety of all visitors, practitioners and their clients:
Well-being of staff and visitors:
- All people entering the Centre must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 until such time as NSW Health announces otherwise. Currently this means until December 1st.
- All people entering the Centre must sign into the Centre using the QR code at the street door, downstairs lobby or reception desk
- All people entering the Centre must wear a face mask
- Asking anyone feeling unwell or exhibiting flu like symptoms to stay home and get tested as soon as possible.
- Encouraging and facilitating the use of hand sanitizer / hand-washing, physical distancing and capacity limitations.
- Displaying conditions of entry on the street entrance to the Centre.
- All rooms have been measured and capacity limitations are provided to all that use them.
Clear signage indicating room capacity limitations on display on all event / public spaces.
All practitioners are aware of their room capacity limitations.
- Ensure the number of people in the building does not exceed the 1 person per 4 square meter rule.
- Contactless delivery is being requested wherever possible.
Hygiene and cleaning:
- Clear signage on display indicating correct hand washing technique.
- Hand sanitizer provided in multiple areas throughout centre.
- All bathrooms equipped with soap and hand dryers.
- All visitors being asked to bring their own water bottles, exercise mats towels etc.
- All kitchen utensils being used are being put through a commercial high-heat sanitizing dishwasher.
- Regular and Covid approved (detergent first, followed by 70%> alcohol based disinfectant) cleaning of all surfaces, door handles, hand rails, drawers, phones & tech.
- Staff are wearing gloves when cleaning and washing hands thoroughly before and after with soap and water.
ZEN SHIATSU Clinic Protocols
Well-being of staff and visitors:
- Clinic appointments are available only to clients who are fully vaccinated for Covid-19 until such time as NSW Gov. announces otherwise. Currently this means until December 1st.
- Conditions of entry emailed to clients in advance and displayed on website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Maps and the street entry to the Centre.
- Pre-entry screening of client vaccination status, health status & recent contacts.
- Client documentation retained (in confidence) as required by NSW Gov.
- Clinic room (in excess of 10m2) limited to a maximum of two occupants (including therapist) at any given time.
- All bookings, follow up & invoicing via text message &/or email.
- Clients are advised of Waiting Room capacity and asked to not linger in or around the Centre before or after their appointment.
Hygiene and cleaning:
- Hand washing with soap before & after each client. Also using hand sanitizer during Shiatsu treatments and minimizing skin to skin contact.
- Wearing a face-mask when treating.
- Clients are asked to sanitize / wash their hands upon entering & leaving the clinic.
- Sanitizer is available in the clinic room.
- Inviting clients to consider wearing or bringing appropriate clothing in which to receive SHIATSU (rather than changing into a clinic robe – albeit a disinfected one)
- Thorough, daily cleaning of all accessible surfaces / objects with disinfectant. Frequently touched surfaces disinfected several times each day. Gloves are worn when cleaning.
- Additional disinfectant wipe downs of client use surfaces / objects between clients
- Ventilating the space thoroughly before & after each client.
- Washing all linen at 60 degrees Celsius or higher using disinfectant.
- Ensuring all linen is single use only
- Adding a disinfected, impermeable layer beneath the head-cloth (i.e. between your head and the pillow/futon)
- Appropriate disinfectant is available in the clinic room
- All products, testers, samplers removed from public access
- All books, magazines, brochures, cards removed from public access
Visitor / Client Protocols
All people entering the Centre are asked to please consider the greater good and:
- Understand that, until Dec 1, my clinic is only open to clients who are fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
- Consider wearing or bringing appropriate clothing in which to receive your Shiatsu (rather than changing into a clinic robe – albeit a disinfected one)
- Sign into the Centre using the QR code at the street door, downstairs lobby, reception desk or waiting area.
- Wear a face mask at all times while in the Centre
- Wash / sanitize your hands thoroughly upon entering and prior to leaving the Centre,
- Minimize your contact with any & all surfaces while in the Centre.
- Please don’t linger in the Centre either before or after your appointment.
- If the clinic waiting area is fully occupied (3 persons) please move to another part of the Centre.
I WILL FIND YOU.
- Be prepared for some screening regarding your current vaccination status, health status & recent contacts.
Depending on your immediate circumstance, it may be necessary for you to re-schedule
- Please don’t hesitate to call in advance and re-schedule your visit should you be feeling unwell or presenting with flu-like symptoms
Please don’t hesitate to contact me should you have any questions regarding any aspect of this COVID-SAFE Plan.
I look forward to seeing you all soon, on the mat.
Until then, stay safe.