Perfect summer salad to celebrate the solstice: Peach, Rocket & Mozzarella with toasted Pine nuts.
Feed your Fire Element with this incredible mix of bitter & toasty with some intense sweet & sour thrown in & all wonderfully fresh. This dish is perfect for a Sydney summer day – lunch or dinner. It’s exactly the sort of thing I love to eat in the hot months (when I want to avoid cooking): beautiful bitter greens complemented with sweet ripe stone fruit, crunchy nuts & creamy cheese. It looks absolutely gorgeous & delivers an amazing combination of textures & flavours. (It truly is a perfect summer salad … if not THE perfect summer salad!!) It doesn’t really even need the cheese – although it is very, very good with the cheese. There is no excuse for not giving it a try whether it’s just an light dinner for you or an entrée for a little party (serves 4). It is so quick and easy that a baby could do it – or a well-supervised toddler at any rate.
- Arrange your washed baby rocket leaves (100g) on a serving platter
- Top with peach slices / wedges from 2 (or 3) fresh peaches (or nectarines if that’s what you have)
- Tear 250g of fresh, buffalo mozzarella (or crumble some fresh sheep feta) over the salad
- Sprinkle generously with chopped mint
- Sprinkle again with some toasted pine nuts
- Drizzle – very generously – with aged balsamic and olive oil
- Season with salt and black pepper, to taste
Discover more about summer foods and why Bitter is Better at this time of year!